Bibliography or Lists of Glossary-Term Sources
(sources of information for the various terms listed in the Index of Scientific and Technological Topics)
Conformity and Conflict by James Spradley and David W. McCurdy; New York; 2006.
Archaeology, the Definitive Guide by Paul G. Bahn; Barnes & Noble Books; New York; 2003.
- A field Guide to the Stars and Planets by Donald H. Menzel and Jay M. Pasachoff; Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston; 1983.
- Astronomy, The World Book Encyclopedia of Science; Volume 1; World Book, Inc., Chicago, Illinois; 2000.
- National Geographic Picture Atlas of Our Universe by Roy A. Gallant; Published by the National Geographic Society; Washington, D.C.; 1994.
- Stars and Planets by Jay M. Pasachoff and Donald H. Menzel; Houhton Mifflin Company; New York; 1992.
- The Astronomical Almanac; U.S. Government Printing Office; Washington, D.C.; 1944.
- The Cambridge Illustrated History of Astronomy edited by Michael Hoskin; Cambridge University Press; Cambridge, U.K.; 1997.
- The International Encyclopedia of Astronomy Edited by Patrick Moore; Orion Books; New York; 1987.
Cognition or Processes of Sensory Input Terms
Cognition Theory and Applications by Stephen K. Reed; Thomson Learning, Inc.: 2004.
Criminal and Judicial Terms
Criminal Courts by Dean John Champion, Richard D. Hartley, and Gary A. Rabe; Pearson, Education, Inc.; Upper Saddle River, New Jersey; 2008.
- Introduction to Computers by Peter Norton; McGraw Hill; New York; 2006.
- Modern Dictionary of Electronics by Rudolf F. Graf; Howard W. Sams & Company; Indianapolis, Indiana; 1988.
Entomology or Insect Terms
- An Introduction to the Study of Insects by Donald J. Borror and Dwight M. DeLong; Holt, Rinehart and Winston; New York; 1964.
- General and Applied Entomology by V.A. Little; Harper & Row, Publishers; New York; 1957.
- Insects of the World by Anthony Wootton; Blandford Press Ltd.; New York; 1984.
- Spiders of the World by Rod & Ken Preston-Mafham; Facts on File Publications; New York; 1984.
- The Ant Realm by Ross F. Hutchins; Dodd, Mead & Company; New York; 1967.
- The Ants by Bert Holldobler and Edward O. Wilson; The Belknap Press of Harvard University Press; Cambridge, Massachusetts; 1990.
Geography and Geology Terms
- Almanac of Geography by National Geographic; Washington, D.C.; 2005.
- Introduction to Historical Geology; by Raymond C. Moore; McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc.; New York; 1958.
- Physical Geology by Anatole Dolgoff; Houghton Mifflin Company; Boston, Massachusetts; 1998.
- Volcanoes and Earthquakes by Jon Erickson; Tab Books, Inc.; Blue Ridge Summit, Pennsylvania; 1987.
- World Explorers and Discoverers; Edited by Richard E. Bohlander; MacMillan Publishing Company; New York; 1992.
Horology or Time Terms
Horology by Donald De Carle; Dover Publications, Inc.; New York; 1965.
Meteorology or Weather Terms
Weather, Nature in Motion by Anne H. Oman; National Geographic; Washington, D.C.; 2005.
Ocean and Deep Sea Terms
- An Introduction to the Biology of Marine Life by James L. Sumich; Wm. C. Brown Publishers; Dubuque, Iowa; 1988.
- Marine Ecology by Jeffrey S. Levinton; State University of New York at Stony Brook; Prentice-Hall Inc.; Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey; 1982.
- The Silent Deep by Tony Koslow; The University of Chicago Press; Chicago; 2007.
A History of Philosophy by B.A.G. Fuller; Henry Holt and Company; New York; 1945.
Reptile and Amphibian Terms
Reptiles and Amphibians of Eastern and Central North America by Roger Conant; The Easton Press; Norwalk, Connecticut; 1975.
Scientific Terms Including a Variety of Topics
- Descriptioinary by Marc McCutcheon: Checkmark Books; An imprint of Facts On File, Inc.; New York; 2000.
- Encyclopedia of Science and Technology by James Trefil, Editor; Routledge; New York; 2001.
- How Things Work, Everyday Technology Explained by John Langone; National Geographic; Washington, D.C.; 2006.
- Inventions and Discoveries by Rodney Carlisle; Scientific American; John Wiley & Sons, Inc.; Hoboken, New Jersey; 2004.
- Random House Word Menu by Stephen Glazier; Random House Publishers; New York; 1992.
- Science Desk Reference; Scientific American; John Wiley & Sons, Inc.; New York; 1999.
- The Dictionary of Cultural Literacy by E.D. Hirsch, Jr., Joseph F. Kett, and James Trefil; Houghton Mifflin Company; Boston, Massachusetts; 1988.
<img src="/theme/getwords/img/left_arrow_sm.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/theme/getwords/img/right_arrow_sm.gif" alt="" />
Showing 1 page of 14 main-word entries or main-word-entry groups.