2. Region, locality, terrain, territory, district: "Alligators are found in marshy areas."
3. Field, sphere, realm, scope: "France has always excelled in the area of the arts."
2. Region, territory, district: Alligators are found in this marshy area.
3. Field, sphere, realm: France has always excelled in the area of the arts.
The area of the stage and auditorium was vast; fortunately, Ramona’s voice was strong as she sang the lovely aria and everyone could hear and appreciate each note.
2. The amount of space in which a target appears to occupy in a radar resolution cell, as it appears to that radar beam.
2. An area of land that can be considered as a unit for the purposes of some geographical classification.
2. The areas in a building that include equipment rooms, shafts, stacks, tunnels, and closets used for heating, ventilating, air conditioning, piping, communication, hoisting, conveying, and electrical services.
2. The area of nasal mucosa in which the olfactory organ is situated.
A region at the base of the brain through which numerous small branches of the anterior and middle cerebral arteries (lenticulostriate arteries) enter the depth of the cerebral hemisphere.
It is bordered medially by the optic chasm and anterior half of the optic tract, rostrally and laterally by the lateral olfactory stria; its anteromedial part corresponds to the olfactory tubercle.